Hi there! I enjoyed reading your post. I like your idea of facilitating student interaction by posting comments under Youtube videos. For students leaving comments I encourage leaving “powerful” comments. Powerful comments follow a three-step formula. The steps are: like (say something you like), comment (give your own stance or support an idea), question (keep the conversation going).

I am wondering what age are your intended students? I teach elementary/middle students and their privacy online is very important. Commenting on public videos makes me apprehensive due to the prevalence of individuals who use the internet for the purpose of being unkind. Therfore, any comments my students are leaving will be on restricted videos that viewers need a link to access.

Derek Songs Blog Post

Hi there! I enjoyed reading your post. I like the topic your group chose to focus on in your interactive learning resource. What I like about learning to draw videos is that students can take the skills they have learned in these videos and practice on their own time. They motivate students to want to improve their skills when they are not at school. I use directed drawing videos from YouTube with my students all the time. As somone who is not as artistically inclined, videos like these help me teach art in a way that is fun and engaging. This past week I did a learn to draw Spongebob and Patrick from the Spongebob Squarepants tv show with my grade 6 class. I am wondering because this video is fairly long, who is your intended audience? If they are high school or university-aged then this video is perfect. For a younger demographic, videos that are shorter with fun music and narration are more effective to maintain attention.